A maid of honor speech is one of the most anticipated moments of a wedding. It’s a chance to celebrate the bride, share some funny and touching stories, and express your love and gratitude. But how do you write a maid of honor speech that will make everyone laugh and cry?
That’s what this article is all about. I’m going to show you step-by-step how to write a maid of honor speech that will wow the crowd and make the bride feel special. I’ll also share some awesome video examples of actual speeches I have filmed as a wedding videographer, so you can see what works and what doesn’t.
Whether you’re a seasoned speaker or a nervous wreck, this article will help you craft a maid of honor speech that will be remembered for years to come. So grab a pen and paper, and let’s get started!
How do you start a good Maid of Honor speech?
When writing your maid of honor speech, it is important to start with a strong opening. This is your chance to grab the audience’s attention and set the tone for your speech. You can do this by telling a funny story, sharing a heartfelt anecdote, or asking a rhetorical question.
Once you have introduced yourself and set the tone for your speech, you can begin to share your thoughts and feelings about the bride and groom. Be sure to be genuine and specific, and to focus on the things that make the couple so special.
Here is a list of tips for writing a strong opening for your maid of honor speech:
- Start with a bang. Grab the audience’s attention with a strong opening line, such as a funny story, a heartfelt anecdote, or a rhetorical question.
- Introduce yourself and your relationship to the bride. Explain how you know the bride and why you were chosen to be her maid of honor.
- Set the tone for your speech. Let the audience know whether your speech will be funny, sentimental, or a mix of both.
What does the maid of Honor say in her speech?
The maid of honor speech is typically a personal and heartfelt tribute to the bride and groom. It is a chance to share stories and anecdotes that highlight the couple’s love for each other, their unique personalities, and their compatibility. The maid of honor may also offer some words of advice or wisdom to the couple, and wish them a lifetime of happiness together.
Here are some common topics that maid of honors often include in their speeches:
- Their relationship with the bride. How did they meet? How has their friendship grown over time? What are some of their favorite memories together?
- The couple’s love story. How did the couple meet? How did their relationship develop? What makes them such a great match?
- The bride’s personality and qualities. What are the bride’s strengths? What are her quirks? What makes her so special?
- The groom’s personality and qualities. What are the groom’s strengths? What are his quirks? What makes him so special?
- The couple’s compatibility. What do they have in common? What are their differences? How do they complement each other?
- Advice or wisdom for the couple. What has the maid of honor learned about love and relationships? What advice would she give to the couple as they start their new life together?
The maid of honor may also choose to include some humor or personal stories in her speech, as long as they are appropriate for the occasion. The most important thing is to be sincere and to speak from the heart.
What not to say in a Maid of Honor speech
The maid of honor speech is a special moment at the wedding, and it is important to choose your words carefully. There are a few things that you should avoid saying in your speech, such as inside jokes, anything about exes, anything too personal or embarrassing, anything too negative, and anything that could be misconstrued as a toast.
It is also important to keep your speech brief and to the point. Avoid rambling or reading from a piece of paper. Instead, make eye contact with the audience and speak from the heart.
By following these tips, you can ensure that your maid of honor speech is both heartfelt and memorable.
Here is a list of things to avoid saying in your maid of honor speech:
- Inside jokes
- Anything about exes
- Anything too personal or embarrassing
- Anything too negative
- Anything that could be misconstrued as a toast
What are some unique Maid of Honor Speech ideas?
Here are some unique maid of honor speech ideas:
- Give a speech from the perspective of the bride’s pet. This could be a funny and heartwarming way to share some of the bride’s best qualities and to show how much she is loved by her furry friend.
- Write a song or poem about the couple. This is a creative and personal way to express your love and admiration for the bride and groom.
- Create a slideshow or video montage of the couple’s relationship. This could include photos and videos from their childhood, their dating years, and their engagement.
- Give a speech about the couple’s shared passions. This could be anything from their love of travel to their favorite sports teams.
- Share a story about a time when the bride and groom went above and beyond for you or someone else. This is a great way to illustrate their kindness, generosity, and compassion.
- Give a speech about what you admire most about the couple’s relationship. This could be their communication skills, their teamwork, or their commitment to each other.
Singing Maids of Honour video is by All Your Memories.